Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Someday my Prince will come...

Beside You

Sometimes you just find a song that speaks to you. You become obsessed with it, you listen to it on repeat, and maybe even find yourself applying the lyrics to your own life. At least that is what happens to me. Finding new, quality music is one of my favorite things, so I was floored when my good friend, Ann Beachy, shared the above song with me a few nights ago. Long story short, this song has been the soundtrack of my week.

I know that this blog is usually revolving around a scripture that has spoken to me, but this song has just really touched me. Besides, I'm a girl, and I'm a hopeless romantic at the end of the day (just ask my mom :)), and sometimes I just need me a GOOD love song. This is an exact description of "Beside You" by Marianas Trench.

As I have been reading through the Proverbs (which I just finished last night!!!), I have been learning a lot about what scripture has to say about being a Godly wife. Now I know that I am no where near becoming a wife, but I still feel God preparing me daily to become the woman I will need to be when I meet my husband. Love was designed by God. The greatest commandment deals with love for the Father, and I believe that God had a special special plan for love between a man and a woman as well. This kind of love is a unique love, shared only between two people. And as I have been learning about being a Godly wife, and therefore thinking about what that encompasses, it makes me so excited to meet a Godly man. The Godly man for ME. And I think that is why this song touched me so. "If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, And I will hide you When it gets too much. I'll be right beside you. I'll be right beside you. I will stay. Nobody will break you." I love that chorus, because for me, it paints a picture of what a Godly relationship with a Godly man will look like. Support. Trust. Faithfulness. Comfort. A Partner. Someone to help carry your earthly burden. Lyrics like this, scripture like the Proverbs, A great big God with promises He WILL fulfill, equals one very excited daughter...waiting to meet her Prince :)

No comments: