Sunday, August 29, 2010

Count Your Blessings...Name Them One by One...

How often we forget how incredibly blessed we are! We're always striving for the next phase, the next class, the next weekend, the next year. The Bible tells us to let tomorrow take care of itself, and to worry about today. On Friday morning, God decided to wake up for a special date with him, and as I was reading my devotions, I ran across some verses that were a fantastic kick-off to the weekend, one of them going something like this:
       "Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house." ~Proverbs 24:27
Maybe I took this verse completely out of context, but it really got me thinking. There are some areas in my life that I "can't wait for." I so desperately want to be a college graduate. A teacher. A wife. A mom. And I believe those are all really Godly desires, and perhaps soon I will become those. But my purpose, my calling, is not to live in the future. My responsibility is to take care of the now so that when the time comes for those other things, I can be the best I can be. With this new mindset, I entered my first weekend of my senior year of college. Honestly, it was one of the most socially jam-packed and busy/stressful weekends in a while, but you know what? It was absolute bliss. I was living in, and for, the right now. I was connecting with and appreciating people that God has allowed to be a part of my life. I even met new people! God has so much joy for his children if we choose to not only live for Him, but if we choose to simply LIVE and EMBRACE this time we have been blessed to have. So get out there and plant your fields, friends, for tomorrow will take care of itself :)

1 comment:

dr3am3r said...

Praise God that tomorrow will take care of itself! Your words bless me and I love hearing about the workings of God in your life.